Matagorda County Features:
- Large tracts of flat land
- Commercial barge service on the Gulf Intracoastal Waterway and the Colorado River
- Rail service by Union Pacific RR and Burlington Northern/Santa Fe RR
- 345KV and 138KV power lines crisscrossing the county
- An extensive pipeline network carrying multiple products
- An educational “Grow our own skilled employees” program
- Skill development training for employees – grants available.
Areas of Expansion
As a county, we are looking to expand our existing agricultural, chemical, manufacturing, and power production assets and become a Manufacturing and Energy Cluster. We have an existing nuclear power plant, a large wind power plant, a large steel pipe manufacturer, as well as gas processing plants, oil and gas well production, and large tracts for development.